Thanks to supporters like you, 2016 was another successful year for EarthShare of Georgia. Together, we increased environmental awareness statewide, and:
- • Worked with volunteers to participate in more than 50 events – reaching more than 10,000 people this fall alone to support our 70 member groups.
- • Partnered with more than 50 employers in the public and private sectors to raise more than $300,000 for our member groups through workplace-giving campaigns, bringing our total funds raised on behalf of our member groups to nearly $5.6 million dollars.
- • Hosted hundreds of supporters during our annual Earth Day events, highlighting discussions on land conservation issues that resulted in year-long individual environmental commitments.
- • Engaged hundreds of corporate sponsor volunteer teams during The Earth Day Corporate Green Day Challenge, clearing debris from dozens of acres for new trails, collecting tons of trash and making other site improvements at various projects in and around Atlanta.
- • Partnered with Green Chamber of the South for our second annual Corporate Forum (hosted by Cox Enterprise) to educate a capacity-filled room of corporate, environmental and community partner attendees on effectively integrating employee engagement with corporate sustainability.
- • Helped build community pride with 25 EarthShare of Georgia volunteers by removing invasive plants, repairing playground structures and planting gardens at Mattie Freeland Park in West Atlanta, in collaboration with The Conservation Fund, Park Pride and the English Avenue community.
But we’re just getting started. This year will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and we need your help to do even more. Consider getting involved with us this Earth Day or making a one-time or recurring credit card donation online at our website.
Best wishes for a great 2017!
Madeline L. Reamy