Make it for our children, grandchildren and the generations to come.
Your year-end donation to EarthShare of Georgia helps to ensure that our air, land and water are conserved and protected for generations to come. Caring for the environment strengthens communities and the economy – what better way to ensure a prosperous future than to help care for our planet?
2016 has been another successful year for EarthShare of Georgia. Together we accomplished a lot to increase environmental awareness statewide:
- Staff and volunteers participated in more than 50 events reaching over 5,000 people this fall to raise environmental awareness and support for our member groups – outstanding non-profit organizations dedicated year-round to conserving and protecting our air, land and water. Learn more here.
- EarthShare of Georgia raised more than $300,000 in 2016 for our member groups through workplace-giving campaigns involving more than 50 employers in the public and private sector, bringing our total funds raised on their behalf to nearly 5.6 million dollars.
- Our annual Earth Day Events were attended by hundreds of supporters, and highlighted by facilitated discussions on land conservation issues resulting in year-long individual environmental commitments.
- The annual Earth Day Corporate Green Day Challenge made a tremendous impact with hundreds of volunteers engaged on teams comprised of our corporate sponsors. Dozens of acres were cleared of debris for new trails, tons of trash were collected and other improvements were made at various project sites in and around Atlanta.
- EarthShare of Georgia partnered with Green Chamber of the South on our second annual Corporate Forum hosted by Cox Enterprises. Attendees from our corporate, environmental and community partners filled the room to capacity to learn about integrating employee engagement with corporate sustainability.
- At the annual Fall Volunteer Day twenty-five EarthShare of Georgia volunteers removed invasive plants, repaired playground structures and planted gardens at Mattie Freeland Park in West Atlanta, while striving to build community pride with The Conservation Fund, Park Pride and the English Avenue community.
Your donation to EarthShare of Georgia increases our capacity to sustain Georgia’s environment. Send a check to EarthShare of Georgia, 100 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 1960, Atlanta, GA 30303, or make a one-time or recurring credit card donation here.
Best wishes for a very happy holiday season and a great 2017.
Madeline L. Reamy, Executive Director, EarthShare of Georgia